Quick and Dirty ORMUS Experiment
by Ted

Fri, 20 May 2005

Hi folks,
Did a quick and dirty ORMUS trial with plants on my deck.  Gave them precipitate three weeks ago, then I've watered with trap water since then.


The first subject is my rose bush which kinda humdrums from season to season putting out a fair number of good blooms, but the leafage and branch structure has been pretty weak.  I put some plant stakes (fertilizer) in the planter last year, but no visible response.  This year, I pruned early and new growth began to emerge.  Then came ORMUS and everything just shot up.  What you see has appeared in only three weeks.
You can see the small leaves from last year at the bottom and right in the middle of the picture you see where this year's growth took off.  Note the giant leaves in comparison to modest ones at the bottom, which are typical of all leaves on this plant in the past.
Note the giant leaves at the top and small ones at the bottom. 
The yellow stake supports a really robust shoot, tallest on the plant, that grew out of an old, weak branch.  Yesterday I found the entire shoot bent over to the ground from the sheer weight, torquing at the point at which it emerged from the old branch and nearly breaking off. 

Note the clusters of buds in the previous picture.

First blooms of the season are usually small and distorted, but look at the beauty above.

It was so heavy that the before ORMUS stem it grew on could not support it.


I ORMUSed some of my wife's herbs.  Here's a picture of 3 weeks
of rosemary growth, almost equal in height to to the original plant.
New growth is lighter in color, providing a convenient comparison with old growth.


Now the strawberry saga.  I first planted these about four years ago.  They have provided an average of 3-4 strawberries TOTAL per season.  Duh.  I was going to tear them out this season, but didn't get around to it.  Then three weeks ago I decided to give them some precipitate.  Now the one central cluster has more flowers and budding berries than the total output of all the plants over the last 4 years, and I had about twice as many plants as are shown in this picture.  Now, I know it sometimes takes a couple of years before a strawberry plant will produce well, but consider this:  I have given these plants NO fertilizer this season - only ORMUS.  They are twice as tall as the best previous growth (you'll hae to take my word for it) and the leaves are twice as big on average.  Again, this explosion has occurred in just the last three weeks with no fertilizer.

Note all the baby stawberries down in there. In past years there were three or four
strawberries per year. With ORMUS, this year there are over 90.
Regular strawberry plant leaf


enORMUS strawberry plant leaf


This chive plant usually does not flower till the end of the summer.
These flowers bloomed in mid May.



And last but not least is my tiny lettuce trial.  The plant on the right is about
50% larger than the other.  Guess which one got the ORMUS.

Strawberry Update
From: Ted
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:43:07 -0700
Subject: Deck Plant Update

Hi folks,

I reported on the accelerated growth of my deck plants a couple of weeks ago, and provided a link to Barry's website to pictures.  Well, I wanted you-all to know that my strawberry plants now have some leaves nearly 9" across and some of the plants stand 20" high.

Also, the stawberry count was 92 at first report.  As of yesterday, I counted 150!

Biggest ever from these plants, and it's still green. 1" dia here.

I gave them some Sonic Bloom fertilizer a week ago and some regular fertilizer two days ago, and that's it for this season so far besides the ocean water precipitate on May 3.