and Dirty ORMUS Experiment
Fri, 20 May 2005
Did a quick and dirty ORMUS trial with plants on my
deck. Gave them precipitate three weeks ago, then I've watered
with trap water since then.
The first subject is my rose bush
which kinda humdrums from season to season putting out a fair number of
good blooms, but the leafage and branch structure has been pretty
weak. I put some plant stakes (fertilizer) in the planter last
year, but no visible response. This year, I pruned early and new
growth began to emerge. Then came ORMUS and everything just shot
up. What you see has appeared in only three weeks.
You can see the small leaves from last year at the
bottom and right in the middle of the picture you see where this year's
growth took off. Note the giant leaves in comparison to modest
ones at the bottom, which are typical of all leaves on this plant in
Note the giant leaves at the top and small ones at the
The yellow stake supports a really robust shoot, tallest
on the plant, that grew out of an old, weak branch. Yesterday I
found the entire shoot bent over to the ground from the sheer weight,
torquing at the point at which it emerged from the old branch and
nearly breaking off.
Note the clusters of buds in
the previous picture.
First blooms of the season are usually
distorted, but look at the beauty above.
It was so heavy that the before ORMUS stem it grew on could not support
I ORMUSed some of my wife's herbs. Here's a
picture of 3 weeks
of rosemary growth, almost equal in height
to to the
New growth is lighter in color, providing a convenient
comparison with old growth.
Now the strawberry saga. I first planted these
about four years ago. They have provided an average of 3-4
strawberries TOTAL per season. Duh. I was going to tear
them out this season, but didn't get around to it. Then three
weeks ago I decided to give them some precipitate. Now the one
central cluster has more flowers and budding berries than the total
output of all the plants over the last 4 years, and I had about twice
as many plants as are shown in this picture. Now, I know it
sometimes takes a couple of years before a strawberry plant will
produce well, but consider this: I have given these plants NO
fertilizer this season - only ORMUS. They are twice as tall as
the best previous growth (you'll hae to take my word for it) and the
leaves are twice as big on average. Again, this explosion has
occurred in just the last three weeks with no fertilizer.
Note all the baby stawberries down in there. In past
years there were three or four
strawberries per year. With ORMUS, this year there are over 90.
Regular strawberry plant leaf
enORMUS strawberry plant leaf
This chive plant usually does not flower till the end
These flowers bloomed in mid May.
And last but not least is my tiny lettuce trial.
The plant on the right is about
50% larger than the other. Guess
which one got the ORMUS.
Date: Sun, 5 Jun
2005 09:43:07 -0700
I reported on
the accelerated growth of my deck plants a couple of
weeks ago, and provided a link to Barry's website to pictures.
Well, I wanted you-all to know that my strawberry plants now have some
leaves nearly 9" across and some of the plants stand 20" high.
stawberry count was 92 at first report. As of
yesterday, I counted 150!
Biggest ever from these plants, and it's still green. 1"
I gave them some
Sonic Bloom fertilizer
a week ago and some regular fertilizer two days ago, and that's it for
this season so far besides the ocean water precipitate on May 3.